Thursday, July 2, 2015

Design Team News!

Happy Thursday!
Today we have a few announcements to make....

We are saying goodbye to a few members of our inaugural Design Team at Tag You're It.
Donna Mikasa, Lynn Put and Gayatrii Murali are stepping down from the team. We want to thank you for sharing your amazing talents with us this past year and wish you the very best in your next endeavors.

We are also very excited to day to share news of additions to the Tag You're It Design Team.  

We had so many fabulous submissions for our design team call. It was so hard to just pick a few from the incredible creative designers who submitted to the challenge. I wish that we could have picked more. Thank you so much for your interest.

We have six new members joining out team increasing the size of the team from 10 to 13! Why lucky 13? More inspiration for you and a larger team which allows for breaks starting with me as I pack my house (and craft room--eek!) and move while still keep the challenge running smoothly.

So without further ado let me introduce to you our new team members...


Hello, I’m Carol (aka *~c*) from Just me: c, joining you from my small town at the edge of the scenic Rocky Mountains in Alberta, Canada. My journey into cards began about 2.5 years ago, when I decided to make and send Happy Month Old cards to my niece, who was two at the time (she’s now 5). Yes, the card ‘tradition’ continues and also includes my three year old nephew. The ‘mess’ of my first attempt sent me searching the internet for ideas. Like many of us, that initial step and the discoveries revealed sparked a passion with paper, stamps, inks and dies. The friendships made through this warm community are treasured immensely. When I’m not at my ‘craft counter’ or at work, I’m usually found at road, mountain or cyclocross bike races throughout our province, with stop watch and clipboard in hand, in my role as a racing official, or in the feed zone as #1 fan and support for my husband, passing water-bottles to him and cheering when he competes. Joining the Tag, You’re It Team…dream come true!!


I'm a 'stay at home' mum to my 13 year old daughter. She's on the Autistic Spectrum, has Sensory Issues, Developmental Coordination Disorder, etc...  and is ill more often than not due to a poor immune system.  I took up card making for my own sanity!  My husband's hobby is photography and my daughter's fantastic at drawing...  so between us there's always somebody 'creating'.


I never really thought of myself as a creative person until I started stamping in the summer of 2010, when I had my youngest daughter's birthday party at Paper Source.  Once I discovered clear stamps and the on-line blogging community, I was hooked.  I am currently on the design team at CASology and the Happy Little Stampers Sketch Challenge, and I would describe my stamping style as mostly CAS, with a little bit of cute and some graphic thrown in for fun.  I like mixing stamps from all different stamp companies, and  could not create without my dies and Big Shot machine.  I live in a small beach town in San Diego County with my husband, two teenage daughters and our dog.  I worked in the corporate world for many years before retiring to spend more time with my family.  My other interests include spinning, reading and hanging out with my family.   


I am a Canadian Expat living in Texas with my husband and our four children.  I am fortunate to be a stay at home mom so I can enjoy time with the kids as well as our dog and cat.   I love to escape to my craft room and creating cards.  For as long as I can remember I have been stamping and enjoying a wide variety of crafts.  I started looking to online card making challenges to learn new techniques and find others who enjoy card making.  I am excited to be part of the Tag You’re It! Design Team.  This is the first Design Team I have been a part of and I am looking forward to the inspiration and skills I will gain from it.


Hi, I’m Kara Lynne, I live near Appleton, Wisconsin with my wonderful husband and our two amazing daughters (ages 13 and 11).  I was a Speech Pathologist and Music Therapist, but chose to stay home when our daughters were born.  After about ten years of scrapbooking our daughters’ lives, I started making cards as a challenge to use up all of those scraps.  I then got hooked when I found out there was an incredible online paper crafting community!  I am so excited to join the Tag, You’re It!  Design Team, and hope you are inspired to join in on the fun!


Hi, my name is Susan Wuthrich.  I live in Northern California, south of  San Francisco.  Nearly every day you can find me on the tennis court, cycling or playing soccer!  When I'm not outside playing, I'm in the studio either sewing dresses and blankets for children in the community or trying to be an artist :)  I'm married to a wonderful man who supports ALL of my many changing activities!  We have one son who just graduated from college.  I'm thrilled to be part of this team!


Join us tomorrow as we begin Term 3 at Tag You're It with Challenge #25!

13 comments:

  1. Sad to see Donna, Lynn and Gayatri leave thank you for all your kindness and inspiration and hope to see you soon in the gallery. A very warm welcome to the new ladies can't wait to see what you all come up with. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss seeing Donna, Lynn and Gayatri here: such amazing designers in every way! Hopefully, they'll continue to join in challenges often! Thank you ever so much for inviting me to be part of this amazing team...I'll be thinking 'tags' every hour of the day!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Awesome line up! Congrats ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for inviting me! I'm so delighted to be a part of this wonderful team! Best wishes to Donna, Lynn, and Gayatri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you all...and many thanks to Donna, Lynn and Gayatri for hours of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you all...and many thanks to Donna, Lynn and Gayatri for hours of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats ladies and best wishes to Donna, Lynn & Gayatri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome ladies! So happy to see you here and am looking forward to seeing your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats ladies, I cannot wait to see how you inspire us!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats ladies, I cannot wait to see how you inspire us!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to all the new designers! I'm really looking forward to seeing their inspiring tags, and I can't wait to play along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to all the new DT members, so nice to meet you!! Looking forward to your inspirations here on the Tag You're It.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats and welcome to the new DT members! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from our players! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!!!